Monday 18 July 2011

SPEAKS VOLUMES ALBUM ARTWORK FOR THE I.R.S

   Earlier this year I was amazed when I was asked to do the album artwork for one of my favourite hip hop crews, THE I.R.S
   The I.R.S are ED STRONG, KING KAI, MC DV, SUPERB and DJ GUIDE ONE and are based in London..
   Anyone who knows me, knows I've been hooked since hearing their first album "the world is theirs", a few years back..( available here. http://theirs.bandcamp.com/album/the-world-is-theirs )  I've listened to that album a lot, so when I got the initial email from King Kai asking me if I could help them out, I was flattered to say the least.. After talkin on the phone and a few phone calls inbetween to Ed, I was given a rough brief and sent a sample copy of the album.. The fuel for the artwork..

   After quite a few changes, plenty of developing, a bit of tweeking, a few late nights, loads of emailing and a few phone calls, the artwork was done.. I have to say that these guys are exactly as down to earth and as real as I thought they would be from listening to their lyrics..It was a honour to be asked to be a part of this and I hope my artwork does the music proud..
This is their second release called "SPEAKS VOLUMES" and it's another definate for any hip hop heads collection.. Out on 5th August 2011, available from here http://theirs.bandcamp.com/album/speaks-volumes



Show support and buy this album or have a sample listen from here http://theirs.bandcamp.com/album/speaks-volumes
Here's a few video freestyle sessions from a few years back..Enjoy...






No comments:

Post a Comment