Friday 17 May 2013

Star Wars fact hoax... Before R2D2 there was probably R1D1

Not a lot of people know this, but before R2D2 there was probably an R1D1..The younger less intelligent R2.. There must have been right?

Created with an Android base and a salvaged R2 top piece- given to me a long time ago by a friend..After years of having it in my toy parts box, I looked at it one day and realised it was a perfect fit for the Android toy and I had to make this.. A happy accident discovered purely by chance of me having an android toy in sight when I found it.. Like I said, I've had it for years, I can't remember who gave it to me, I have boxes of broken toys and parts, donated to me by friends and they're children, who break toys which would then normally go in the bin...

 I couldn't just leave it how it was, as it wasn't mine and was far too easy..so with some minor sculpting and added weathering and damage, I decided to make R2's previous version..
He's been forgotten and left to go rusty, all his parts have been taken from inside too so now you can open the head of R1 and keep small things inside.
His head and arms still move, he just doesn't have any sound effects.. :(

Handpainted and sealed with lacquer he stands just over 3 inches tall and is available to buy from my STORE.


1 comment:

  1. Cool beans. It makes sense though for an earlier R2 version before R2-D2 was built.

    ReplyDelete