Saturday 31 August 2013

Maskedman sculpture 3d graffiti

   It's been a while since I posted anything on my blog, mostly because I've been working hard on various other things and haven't found the time to..Apologies!..Over the past few months I've been slaving over a new looking website, I've been involved in a cultural exchange with a graffiti artist called Ficore from Brazil, painting a huge mural, making a few customs, toys and sculpts and all the usual stuff I get up to inbetween...  you can now follow me on instagram for regular updates of whats happening at  @hoaksergraffiti )

  Aaaannyyway.. This Maskedman sculpt was something I'd been working on , on and off for around a year..He sat as an unfinished bust for months and slowly became what he looks like now.. The maskedman character has been with me for almost as long as I remember, and developing him into a freestanding model was a mission I'd set myself years ago..

.
 I'm most pleased about where he lives now... He was sold to a private collector in Canada who's collection pics blew me away. He couldn't be in a nicer place, or with a better owner,  surrounded by the coolest graff style toys and customs I've seen..A huge honor to have a piece in that collection..

check out the short video of progress pictures taken while making this sculpture..




Big thanks to Spanky Stokes and Trustpigs for their write up about this piece Who knows, maybe a resin masked man might happen one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment